We care deeply about our planet and our community and believe all businesses should take every step possible to make a positive difference. Here are some of the actions TileHaus has taken so far.
Small Sample Boxes
We've worked to make our website as easy and informative as possible, including video content of most of our tiles, to give you a really great understanding of what the tiles look like. But, of course we understand that tiles are textural and colour is important so we recommend ordering samples to check the physical product before placing an order with us. So, we've developed our sample box service to have the lightest footprint possible;
- Small sample pieces show colour and texture, without wasting large pieces of tile or shipping heavy sample pieces around the country.
- The boxes are designed with no wasted packaging space.
- We include a return shipping label within the box and hope you send the samples back to us, at our cost, so they can be used again.
- The boxes themselves and packing materials within them are all recyclable.
- We've partnered with NZ Post to deliver our sample boxes nationwide. We are aligned with their values and commitment to delivering parcels in the most sustainable way.
By having an online-only tile business we are able to keep our operational footprint low. We don't have large retail shops to service and you can shop from the comfort of your home rather than driving to a retail shop - saving you time and car emissions.
We actively recycle as much waste as possible, always striving to do better, and record and report upon our waste to ensure we have visibility.
Our Product Sourcing & Packaging
We have curated our range from a handful of trusted suppliers. We have chosen to keep the material in the manufacturer packaging and avoid any unnecessary waste that would be caused by repacking with our branding.